PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Fun Idea for Practicing Spelling Words

I was on Amazon.com earlier today looking for a few birthday presents for my cousins, and I happened to find Melissa and Doug's Travel Hangman.

I think this is really cool because A) you can't lose the letters or person pieces- they are attached to the board and you just flip them over and B) there is a small dry erase board at the bottom.  Sure, you can just use a piece of paper and play hangman, but this will help to reduce the amount of paper used and I think kids would love using it to practice their spelling words.  It is $10.61 on Amazon's site if anyone is interested.

Note: I am not being compensated in any way for this review - I just thought it was neat and wanted to share.  :)  

5 comments:

Mrs. Wheeler said...

Love this!

Anonymous said...

These are great for centers, too! I have 2 that the children use, with a partner, to practice spelling word wall words!

Mrs. Randall said...

Thanks so much for sharing! I'd love for you to check out my blog for third grade teachers...


http://randalllearninglibrary.blogspot.com

Thanks, Kelley

Lindsey said...

i have played with one before!! they are super cute:)

-lindsey
www.theteacherwife.blogspot.com

oh' boy said...

I saw this post and fell in love with this!!! the lady at the Hallmark store must have thought I was NUTS when I screamed in delight when I saw it while buying a wedding gift!!! LOL anyways...thanks for sharing and I hope you can join my linky party and give away over at

http://www.ohboy3rdgrade.blogspot.com/

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog